Working around Exchange Webmail / OWA constant logoffs
Submitted by Damien on
I've always found that Exchange's webmail system, aka "Outlook Web Access", to be extremely buggy regarding remembering who you are. It sets sessions cookies with a pretty far-away timeout but regardless of whether I'm connected via a VPN or from the public internet it always delights in logging me out as quickly as it can. Well, I've worked out a work-around for these all too frequent occurrences. Here's what you do:
- When you are provided with the login prompt, login.
- Click the Back arrow in your browser until it asks if you would like to resubmit the form again.
- Click Cancel.
- Click Back again. This will take you back to the original edit window with the fresh empty (or if it was a reply, the original quote) edit page ready to go.
- Click Forwards. It will say that it needs to resubmit a form in order to proceed.
- Click OK / Accept / Aye Cap'n, whatever is the appropriate response to the affirmative.
- Your message has now been sent, just like when you originally clicked Send.
Hopefully this will help some others who are also loosing their hair over this stupidity.